The Music Ministry works closely with the Children’s Ministry to integrate music into our students’ total church experience. Our purpose is to teach children about the Love of Jesus through the gift of music. Children will experience this Love, gain confidence, and have fun through singing hymns and anthems, creative movement, and playing games and instruments.
RSVP for Our Music and Missions Kick Off Party, Wednesday, August 17!
Come and join us in the Youth Theater on Wednesday, August 17th for our Music & Missions Kick Off Event: The “SPdLympics”! Children will play games, win prizes, and get sized for robes while parents complete paperwork and visit with one another. The snack of champions, cupcakes, will be served! Click here to RSVP. We hope to see you there!
Our Music Ministry sponsors choir programs for children in Pre-K through sixth grade that meets during the school year. Our Second-Ponce Singers participate in worship services every six to eight weeks, and all children’s choirs participate in special presentations at Christmas and in the spring.
Music Friends led by Edie Whitaker and Whitney Anderson , Pre-K (age 4 by 9/1/16) and Kindergarten meet in Room C318 in the Children’s Building, every Wednesday, from 5:30-6:20 p.m.
Music Makers led by Angelyn Turner, Melissa Hollingsworth, and Anne Thomas, 1st and 2nd Grade meet in Room C302 in the Children’s Building and finish in the Sanctuary Choir Room, every Wednesday from 5:30-6:20 p.m.
Second-Ponce Singers led by Anne Thomas 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th Grades meet in the Sanctuary Choir Room, every Wednesday from 5:30-6:20 p.m.
Attendance is counted each week so that awards may be given at the end of the choir year. Please contact Anne Thomas at 770-402-9088 or email@example.com if you know that you will be absent from Wednesday choir rehearsal or from a Sunday worship participation date.
- A Choir Participation Trophy will be awarded to each child who completes the choir year
- A Superior Choir Attendance Trophy will be awarded to children who miss no more than 2 rehearsals during the choir year
- An Excellent Choir Attendance Trophy will be awarded to children who miss no more than 4 rehearsals during the choir year
- Gold and Silver Medals will be awarded for perfect and excellent (missing no more than 2) worship participation for Second-Ponce Singers
- A Years of Service Award will be given to 5th grade children for the number of years they have served in children’s choirs
- 6th Grade Mentor trophy will be given to any 6th grader who participates
- Celebrating Grace Hymnal will be awarded to each 2nd grader in Music Makers Choir
Our Children’s Music ‘n’ Missions programs are never closed. We are always happy to add additional children to our groups. If your child is interested in joining one of our choirs or participating in one of our children’s missions groups, contact Anne Thomas at 770-402-9088 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Kellie Denton at email@example.com. Click here to access our field trip and medical forms.